Sunday, February 22, 2009

Inuitive Coding and The Matrix: Visual Studio

Visual Studio, no matter how much one wants to hate on Microsoft, is a great tool for intuitive software development. I say this due to the fact it literally builds UML tables for you as you code classes (in C++ or Java), and describes all of the objects, and implicitly their relationships. So why does this involve the Matrix? Well everything involves The Matrix. 


Programming is a form of Art and not until using Visual Studio did I realize this. One of my oldest and best friends who is an artist was describing his technique it was relatively familiar to how I feel when programming. So the Matrix? Well in the Matrix they describe control and machines being similar to humans. When you think about programming, this is very true, humans created programs, thus programs are endowed with the spirit of man.  I try to keep this in mind in my every day life, instead of trying to find meaning in every little thing I start to realize that the smallest things are endowed with the very spirit which is contained within humans, programming, and art, this fundamental force that can't be described. 

0 comments: